Comment on Search Engine Optimization – Make it Work by Admin.
Search engine : Last modified: Thursday, October 23, 2008
HP BladeSystem – Family Guide
Sponsored by HP
The HP BladeSystem is an infrastructure in a box. With it, you can build business solutions that are more affordable, use less power and are ready to grow with you. Download this PDF.
HP ProLiant Servers – Family Guide
Sponsored by HP
HP ProLiant servers provide a complete server infrastructure that supports both your business objectives and your business growth. Learn more. Download this PDF.
Next-Generation Power and Cooling for Blade Environments.
Sponsored by HP
HP Thermal Logic is a holistic approach to improving power and cooling efficiency in the IT infrastructure. Learn more. Download this PDF.
A program that searches documents for specified keywords and returns a list of the documents where the keywords were found. Although search engine is really a general class of programs, the term is often used to specifically describe systems like Google, Alta Vista and Excite that enable users to search for documents on the World Wide Web and USENET newsgroups.
Typically, a search engine works by sending out a spider to fetch as many documents as possible. Another program, called an indexer, then reads these documents and creates an index based on the words contained in each document. Each search engine uses a proprietary algorithm to create its indices such that, ideally, only meaningful results are returned for each query.
search engines are ::
1. A software program that searches a database and gathers and reports information that contains or is related to specified terms.
2. A website whose primary function is providing a search engine for gathering and reporting information available on the Internet or a portion of the Internet.
A subject directory is a service that offers a collection of links to Internet resources submitted by site creators or evaluators and organized into subject categories. Directory services use selection criteria for choosing links to include, though the selectivity varies among services. Most directories are searchable.
Directories are useful when you are doing topic-based research. If you have a research project, or need to explore an idea, event, subject area, proposition, phenomenon, etc., directories are a good place to begin. Visit search engines for very targeted or obscure topics, multi-concept queries and searches for specific people, sites, etc. Directories are the better place to begin your research on topics.
1. There are two basic types of directories: academic and professional directories often created and maintained by subject experts to support the needs of researchers, and directories contained on commercial portals that cater to the general public and are competing for traffic.
2. Academic and professional directories are created by librarians or subject experts and tend to be associated with libraries and academic institutions. These collections are created in order to enhance the research process and help users find high quality sites of interest. A careful selection process is applied, and links to the selected resources are usually annotated. These collections are often created to serve an institution’s constituency but may be useful to any researcher. As a rule, these sites do not generate income or carry advertising. INFOMINE, from the University of California, is an example of an academic directory.
3. Commercial portals are created to generate income and serve the general public. These services contain directories that link to a wide range of topics and often emphasize entertainment, commerce, hobbies, sports, travel and other interests not necessarily covered by academic directories. These sites seek to draw traffic in order to support advertising. As a part of this goal, the directory is offered in conjunction with a number of additional customer services. LookSmart is an example of a commercial portal.
4. Subject directories differ significantly in selectivity. Consider the policies of any directory that you visit.
5. One challenge to the above is the fact that not all directory services are willing to disclose either their policies or the names and qualifications of site reviewers.
6. The lines between directories, search engines and the deep Web are blurring. The deep Web is often represented by searchable news, phone books, dictionaries, maps, stock quotes, items in retail stores, multimedia files, etc. Directories are also present at some search engine sites, and sometimes their contents are searched along with content from the general Web. For example, AltaVista offers the LookSmart directory.
Directory results are sometimes placed before search engine results in order to steer users to the directory’s content. This can be a useful way of getting at substantive content relating to your query.
7. Most subject directories are searchable. For more information, see General Search Strategies later in this tutorial.
Two subject directories useful for initial exploration are Yahoo and BUBL LINK. These services illustrate vastly different policies for the selection and evaluation of sites to include in their collections.
* Yahoo does not reliably evaluate content, but only categorizes sites submitted to the service. Yahoo! is the most famous example of a commercial portal, but it is not an appropriate research tool. To see a selected list of these types of sites, follow this link.
* BUBL LINK is a significant, professionally-maintained directory that is a UK funded project hosted by the University of Strathclyde Library in Glasgow, Scotland. Its many years of experience are apparent in the breadth of its listings, useful indexing, variety of access points and cogent, well-written annotations
Admin Also Commented
Search Engine Optimization – Make it Work
In the search engine list below. you can find the major search engines of the web.
Why are these considered to be “major” search engines? Because they are either well-known or well-used.
For webmasters, the major search engines are the most important places to be listed, because they can potentially generate so much traffic.
For searchers, well-known, commercially-backed search engines generally mean more dependable results. These search engines are more likely to be well-maintained and upgraded when necessary, to keep pace with the growing web.
Search Engine Optimization – Make it Work
Different search engines have functionalities that would allow users to submit sites for free. How it usually works is, you would need to browse to the category in which you want your site to appear. There will be a submission link somewhere on that page to let you submit your site. It usually takes a week or two for your site to appear on the search engine though. Once it is submitted, you don’t have to submit again. However, what most search engines do is, they would cache your web page. If you don’t want the search engine to cache your page, you would need to do something on your end to not allow that to happen.
Search Engine Optimization – Make it Work
I think ping for search engines is useful. sitemap can help search engine crawl complete and quickly, and ping just like a notifier, which can tell search engines, there is a update waiting for crawl. that is to say, without ping, you are waiting for search engine to crawl, and ping, you will let search engine to crawl.
and if you want to ping, you can use the tool i use, it called SitemapX, yes, as the name shows, it not just for ping, but for sitemap making, it is a free tool, you can try it.
Recent Comments by Admin
5 Tips for Writing the Perfect Blog Post
If you use WordPress, or Blogger, or any other modern blogging tool for that matter, the search engines are “pinged” and know right away that you have made a post. So, don’t worry about submitting it to search engines manually (and for heaven’s sake, don’t pay someone who claims to do that)!
In general, the best method nowadays is to generate some social traffic. Post a link to you post to Facebook, Twitter, pin your post’s featured image to Pinterest.
Business Models are simulations of actual business functioning.
They act as ideal real life examples,and help participants actively discuss the pros and cons of the situation given.
A business Model gives a Full Account of any particular Business Scenario. Readers of this model/ Participants are then asked to discuss the strengths and weaknessess of it. Put it simply, one has to SWOT analyze the Business Model based on different parameters.
Each participant comes up with his/her own views on the subject. Cumulative views and different view points are then listed and ranked based on their importance and relevance.
Thus at the end of the session, a business models suitability and viability is drafted and conclusions are drawn thereon.
The more the Business Model Analysis a person does, the more exposed he gets to real life corporate situations.
Hence it is said, that Business Models act as Good Simulators.
Search Engine Optimization
A search engine is a service provided by some company (Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, etc.) which will search through millions of web pages for keywords that a person types into a field. For instance, if I type “Puppy” into a search box on Google’s web site, there are currently 40,800,000 matches available. If the search provider has a good search algorithm in their software, then the most relevant pages should be listed first. In my case, I’m a happy searcher, because after the Google Image samples, the first result listed is the Puppy Linux website, which is the only Puppy I would ever be searching for online. Most search providers keep track of what websites people will actually visit after doing a search. They then use the results to make sure those pages are closer to the top of the list for the next time someone searches for the same keyword(s).
Image search optimization is about using images on your website to draw more “click-throughs” from the search provider, thereby raising your rank in the search list. This, in turn, helps to ensure that you keep getting more visits to your site. A neat article I just found by typing “image search optimization” into Google Search is linked below.
New York Skyline
Below is a link with pictures of the NYC skyline.
A view of city of great magnitude rises out of the open like a curtain for a show that always staging the world’s greatest act, you immerse yourself as one of the players of the greatest city in the world.
Business Niche – Adding Content for SEO
Fefoo is not a search engine, its an application that helps you search better. It uses the traditional search engines to search. You search on categories and your search is more refined from the time you start searching. In case you don’t use categories it works like a normal search engine.
Springo is a Web shortcutting tool that empowers users to rapidly and easily navigate to the best websites for any purpose.
Each view contains a set of results that are displayed visually – and each view has a different perspective.
Yoozila is a powerful new search engine. It’s primary purpose is to provide you with relevant results and present them in a fresh web 2.0 beautiful manner.
FindTheBest is an objective comparison engine that allows you to find a topic, compare your options and select the best choice for you.