I found this interesting. See what you think.
Here is a breakdown of what we (yes, we – the people) pay the current Whitehouse staff.
- Researchers, assistants and analysts ($40,000 or so)
- Scheduler ($58,000)
- Speechwriter ($60,000) –Note: might explain why Obama’s speeches are so crappy
- Director of White House Operations ($85,000)
- Special Assistant / Personal Aide to the President ($95,000)
- Head calligrapher ($96,000) –Note: What does a head calligrapher do, and why is this position paid more than a speecwhriter, or the Director?
- Special Assistant to the President and Director of Research ($100,000)
- Chief of Staff of the National Economic Council ($120,000)
- Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Scheduling ($130,000)
- Clearance Advisory ($132,000)
- Ethics Advisor ($140,000)
- Deputy Assistant and Counsel to the President ($158,000)
- Senior Policy Advisor ($165,000)
- Assistant to the President and Press Secretary ($172,000)
- Assistant to the President and Chief of Staff to the First Lady ($172,000)
I was OK with most of these, except for the last one. Why does Michelle get someone paid $172,000? Is it because she only gets “one” staff member? According to other sources (listed below), her staff is actually in the $1.5 million range.
The original data comes from http://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/disclosures/annual-records/2012
- Michelle Obama’s $1,591,200 White House Staff of (22) TWENTY-TWO!(votingamerican.wordpress.com)
- Friday night news dump: White House salaries edition(politico.com)
Copyright 2012 WallyDay.com