Personal development plans may look good on paper, but they sure are difficult to follow in real life! Use the following tips to help you get through your personal development agenda.
1. Begin now. Putting off your plan by even a day is allowing yourself to make excuses, and that is not getting yourself off to a good start! Make up your mind about what you want and start working toward it today.
2. Bring larger goals down to size. Nobody can climb a mountain without putting small steps forward, and that’s how you’ve got to look at your personal development plan. Break down the plan into bite-size pieces and formulate your plan of attack from that angle.
3. Work in the short-term. Keeping your eye on the big picture, use the here and now as your actual work space. Set goals that can be accomplished by sundown, and set more for tomorrow. Having a weekly agenda for succeeding in the smaller tasks will keep you working toward the biggest goals in your personal development plan.
4. Become an avid reader on topics about personal development. Finding reliable sources of information can help you achieve success faster because you can learn from the mistakes of others. Use books as your guide to get you over any obstacles you encounter along the way.
5. Tell others about your plan. Informing your friends and family will provide you with a big boost for two reasons. First, it will cement your plan in your own mind, and second, they will provide you with a lot of encouragement and motivation. Nobody knows you better either, so take the advice they offer and make it work for you!
6. Visualize to help you achieve. The human mind is a very powerful tool and often you can achieve something just by convincing yourself that you can! This method has been used by experts around the world for centuries and it can lead to your success as well.
7. Avoid too much self-criticism. Most people are indeed their own worst enemy, and that will derail your plan for personal development or even scrap it altogether. Yes, you should admit mistakes and work to rectify them, but no, you should not put yourself down or become discouraged by them! You have to be your own life coach, which means keeping yourself in the game.
8. Enjoy the challenges. When it gets tough, let yourself enjoy the feelings of apprehension and anticipation, rather than being overcome with anxiety or self-doubt. The most successful people in the world are (nearly) always up for a good challenge, so be ready and look forward to the fight.
9. Incorporate things you love into your plan. Your personal development plan cannot be all work and no play, despite the fact that it will probably be tough. Bring things into it that are rewarding and even relaxing, and this will work to keep you in the game longer. Doing what you love is one of the most important things in life, so make your sure your plan includes keeping you satisfied and gratified along the way.
10. Never give up! No matter what kind of set-backs you may face, do not ever consider giving up on your dreams. They are essentially what makes life worthwhile. Personal development is designed to get you where you want to be, and nothing is worth sacrificing that.
Once you get there, you can look back with pride and even astonishment at what you accomplished. However, that can’t happen until you begin your personal development plan, so get moving on it!
Outsmart the Unexpected: Grow Your Creativity the Edge-of-your-seat Way (Kindle Edition) tagged “personal development” 293 times
Thu, 16 Aug 2012 21:11:08 GMT Outsmart the Unexpected: Grow Your Creativity the Edge-of-your-seat Way (Kindle Edition)By Regina Pacelli Buy new: $4.99 Customer Rating: Customer tags: creative problem solving(355), creative thinking(343), decision making(307), creativity(300), lateral thinking(299), critical thinking(296), personal development(293), deductive reasoning(241), imagination(240), dilemmas(227), kindle(75), kindle book(74) http://www.amazon.com/Outsmart-Unexpected-Creativity-Edge-your-seat-ebook/dp/B001UQ5BM0/ref=tag_rso_rs_edpp_url?ie=UTF8&creative=381421&tag=thedays-20
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change (Paperback) tagged “personal development” 200 times
Fri, 7 Dec 2012 03:41:44 GMT The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change (Paperback)By Stephen R. Covey 873 used and new from $0.01 Customer Rating: Customer tags: personal development(200), self-help(191), leadership(160), success(113), time management(107), inspirational(81), business(66), professional development(53), psychology(34), productivity(19), management(12), personal mba(11) http://www.amazon.com/The-Habits-Highly-Effective-People/dp/0743269519/ref=tag_rso_rs_edpp_url?ie=UTF8&creative=381421&tag=thedays-20
Mentors, Money, & Personal Development – Patheos
If you want to be an elite leader, you’ll need mentors, money, and personal development. Building upon research reported in his Pulitzer Prize nominated book Faith in the Halls of Power: How Evangelicals Joined the … http://www.patheos.com/blogs/thehighcalling/2014/02/mentors-money-personal-development/
Personal development at business school | MBA blog – Blogs
Click here for reuse options!
One night at dinner with classmates, the light from the analysis bulb was still on. The topic of personal development at business school promoted an interesting dialogue. The main concept is that the first year of business … http://blogs.ft.com/mba-blog/2014/03/03/personal-development-at-business-school/
Copyright 2014 WallyDay.com
Click here for more information about '10 Ways To Succeed In Personal Development'.