I am going to do an experiment. I’m going to submit a bunch of web hosting PLR articles I picked up from Jon Leger’s Thrifty Content – 75 newly created in all (for Web Hosting). I want to kinda monitor how they are spidered and indexed.
(By the Way, Thrifty Content is a great way to get fresh PLR articles every month for $15 per month. They add 1500 articles per month in 20 different broad categories. Plus, they have a pretty cool rewriting aid included with the membership).
I am going to use BlogHatter to submit the articles, and try out a couple of my own plugins to hopefully bump up the indexing a bit. The posts will not be re-written, but will incorporate “some” curation. I decided to use the Yahoo tag plugin for BlogHatter to rewrite the titles based on the first Yahoo tag found. Images and videos, however, will be handled by my WP plugin.
(Oooh, I just realized Thrifty Content has a blogging category this month. I will do that instead. This could get interesting).
The posts will automatically be submitted to BackLinksIndexer for kicks and giggles.
Post Flare (the plugin I’m developing) should comply with the following rules:
- Post title as H1. Socrates already enforces that. Status: Active
- At least one, but not more than three images per post. Each post must automatically set the alt and title tags for images as the post title (in this case the primary Yahoo tag), or the primary keyword (TODO). Becker states he only does this on the first image –
I may modify the plugin to enforce that notion. (Decided to use 1st category instead on 2nd image). Status: Active
- An outbound link to an authority site (in this case Wikipedia), based on the post title. Currently, Post Flare is adding a link at the end based on category.
Need to change that.(This needs an option to determine which should be used – add “fake” options code now). Status: Active
- A “heading” line every 150 or so words (try paragraph breaks or br tags) – as per MoneySites.com.
- Randomly add videos.
- Randomly add news feed/rss.
- Randomly add other text. Tips, quotes, ?????. Cartoon strips???? (Mark Anastasi)
- Could do something with affiliates links.
- Amazon or eBay? (See Curation Club). Note: and eBay “adlet” could be added at the end of the post. Amazon too. Or, could set affiliate links automatically within post.
- Adsense sucks.
The options page for this could get a bit big if I’m not careful.
- 7 Tips on How to Keep People Coming Back to Your Website(stopnswapaz.com)
- PLR Stores(plrmemberships.wordpress.com)